Updated on May 16, 2018
Terms and Conditions:
Additionally, SCF reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time without prior notification. Site users must agree upon and abide by these changes accordingly. Please review this page periodically for changes. Any use of our Site at any time constitutes full acceptance of our service Terms.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When registering for an event on our site, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorize to provide to us) such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment information, profile information or other details needed to help you with your experience.
You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for an event, for example) if you contact us directly.
When we supply information for you through our website or blog, you may be asked to enter your name and email address in order to send this information to you.
Why we need your information and how we use it:
We collect information from you when you register for an event on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, opt-in to receive a free download, respond to a survey or marketing communication, view the website, fill out a form, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- to personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- to quickly process your transactions.
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- to send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services in mailing items, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won't affect the user's experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Kristin Wilson, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
- Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com (or) follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
The Society for Creative Founders may contact you or provide you with service-related and/or promotional notices by means of postal mail, electronic mail, general site notifications and more using the contact information you have provided to us.
Images + Text Copyright
SCF reserves the right to remove, replace, or move any images or content without prior announcement. All photos that aren’t taken by SCF are credited and linked to their outside sources. Any photos not credited to an outside source have been taken by Society for Creative Founders or authorized contractors and are rights protected. Failure to link back and credit our site as their source constitutes a copyright violation.
Using our photos, even with a credit, is prohibited (be it for the purposes of a photo gallery, landing page, roundup, series of posts, or any other feature that duplicates a large portion of content). Please contact us for express permission if you’d like to use any of our photos. Duplicating any of this site’s text is strictly prohibited. Please link to our website instead of cutting and pasting our copy on another site as doing so is strictly prohibited.
Our Limited License to You. The content on this Site includes, but is not limited to, text, photos, videos, infographics, graphics, copyrighted material, trademarks, trade names, service marks, logos, information from our licensors, Submissions (as defined below) and other material (“Content”). As between us and you, ownership of such Content is and remains with us. We grant you a limited, revocable, and nontransferable license to view and use the Content solely for your personal use. Except as expressly permitted by us in writing, you are not allowed to modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, create derivative works of, incorporate into any information retrieval system, exploit, license, distribute, transfer, sell, or re-sell any Content or any services obtained from this Site.
Your License to Us. Some areas of the Site provide the opportunity for you to share knowledge and to post interesting and helpful information directly or via web site links including, but not limited to, remarks, suggestions, ideas, videos, infographics, graphics, material, specifications, and other information (the “Submissions”). By posting Submissions, you grant to us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, exploit, perform, display worldwide, and create derivative works from the Submissions for any purpose without compensation to you. You also grant us the right to identify you as the author of your Submissions by name or email address. We will not be required to treat your Submissions as confidential. By posting Submissions, you represent and warrant that either you are the owner of the Submissions or that the owner of the Submissions has consented to your use of it in the manner in which it is used. You acknowledge that you are and will be solely responsible for your Submissions as well as any damages caused by it including, but not limited to, any infringement upon the rights of other parties.